martedì 5 novembre 2013

Kayly Iali @ tKF

Tanalois Art and torno Kohime Foundation
have the pleasure to invite you to
the opening of the art exhibition
by 
Kayly Iali
                           

                   
Wednesday November 6th - 1.30 PM SLT - 22.30 IT

Black&White Gallery:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Solaris%20Island/105/50/3509




As a real life artist, I have participated in many exhibits and juried shows. Here in Second Life, I bring the same paintings to exhibit. I have been in SL since Feb. 2010 and had exhibited at Pirats, Parks Gallery, Born Museum and various different exhibits.

My abstracts are about movement, layering, and dealing with the subconscious anxiety. As a calligrapher, I applied the paint in a calligraphic manner to produce imageries only left for the viewer to interpret.

My still lifes is simple. A fruit or two. But they interact like people. They are painted in oil and cold wax to give a matted look. A textured look.

If you have any questions about works, please feel free to IM me.



Tani Thor: Are you an artist in real life and what brought you in Second Life?
Kayly Iali: I am a real life artist in Northern California. I exhibit locally and participate in painting events.
I became aware of Second Life when I read an article in a newspaper. It sounds intriguing but I was not computer savvy to try it out. Then right before I graduated with my second bachelor, I decided to give it a try on a new laptop that I received. It was frustrating and had almost quit. But through chances meetings I was able to make SL work and eventually started exhibited in SL.

Tani: Where do you get inspiration for your work?
Kayly: I started painting and exhibiting abstracts when I was in college. My abstracts are based on my ability as a calligrapher, to be able to manipulate the brush in a calligraphic way...to create expressive lines.

Tani: What kind of technique do you use?
KaylyI work in oils and love how the paint feels like butter when spread across the canvas with a brush or a spatula. My abstracts are built on layers, So I do a lot of layering and glazing to create history of my work on the painting.




Tani: There is a site where you/we can enjoy your creations?
KaylyYou can visit my website: www.marleneleeart.com

Tani:  What is art for you in Second Life?
KaylyI love to see other artists' works especially from outside the US. There is no other way for me to meet these artists but only in SL.

Tani: Have you ever tried to create art in SL?
KaylyI had attempted doing some SL sculptures but my RL time is important for me to produce more art. So I don't spend that much time in SL to allow time to create...only to exhibit.



Tani: There are artists in SL that you like the most?
KaylyDefinitely! Ieko Catnap, Xirana Oximoxi, Gracie Kendal, Luciella Lutrova, Michaelangelo Montague, Ohsoleomio, Samara Barzane, Winter Nightfire, Antenna Rae to name a few. It is exciting to see their RL works here in SL plus being able to talk to the artist that I would never would have met in RL. This is what makes SL so special. Oh add Slaaa Tenk to the list...I just met her.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento