martedì 29 ottobre 2013

Calypso Applewhyte & Maloe Vansant @ tKF


Tanalois Art and torno Kohime Foundation


have the pleasure to invite you to



the opening of the photo exhibition

by

Calypso Applewhyte

and


Maloe Vansant






Wednesday October, 30th - 2.30 pm slt - 22.30 IT

Square galleries:


http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Solaris%20Island/125/44/23






Until: November13rd




Calypso Applewhyte says:
"All is not necessarily beautiful in Second Life; and what is, deserves to be shown whenever possible.
The discovery of Photoshop 3 years ago has allowed me to reconnect with some form of artistic expression, long shelved due to lack of time and space (yes, it takes time and space to draw!). I learn this tool every day, and Second Life is a wonderful support when we look carefully.
Pic by Calypso Applewhyte
Today, I am always looking to capture beautiful Sims. But I also make artistic compositions with or without animations.
And nothing is more true to say Second Life is a wonderful artistic medium when you look good.
I hope you enjoy your time watching what Second Life and its residents offer us."





Maloe Vansant says:

I am a passionate SL photographer, trying to show that avatars can have emotions, my close ups reflect those feelings of sadness and joy , most of these pictures are from my own avatar she is my pixel soul, or from my dearest Burk Bode my companion and love in SL.


Pic by Maloe Vansant


Tani: What brought you in Second Life?
CalypsoOne episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Manhattan. Yes, it's true! And therefore the curiosity to see what it was really.
Maloe: I came in SL because i was was curious after i read an article in a magazine, and i fell immediately in love with this game, although i never played or even chatted on the internet!

Tani: What is art for you in Second Life?
Calypso: For me, art in SL is the real kind. Without it, the world would collapse.
Maloe: I can be amazed by the variety of all those artistic people here in SL, can be a builder as William Weaver who's constructions are like real artwork with light and shadow play as well a designer of clothes, to many to name one or the art pictures of Harbor Galaxy whom are each of them little paintings, fantastic sim builders as Rebeca Bashley and Capcat Ragu.

Pic by Calypso Applewhyte

Tani: What prompted you to make art in Second Life?
Calypso: Other activities don't suit me. And doing nothing is not bearable for me. So, I started to photograph what I like in world. And when you start, you always want to go further.
MaloeJust coincidence a combination of the joy making pics here and the pleasure to photoshop them.

Tani: What  inspire  your creations?
Calypso: Anything can inspire me. It's unpredictable.
Maloe: My avatar and all the beautiful weirdy stuff i can buy for her.

Tani: Are you an artist in RL?
Calypso: No.
Maloe: Am not an artist in RL.

Tani: Is there any artist that inspires you in SL or RL?
Calypso: Oh surely unconsciously.
Maloe: Some painters and photographers, depends on the mood i am, like Oleg Dou or Micheal Borremans.

Pic by Maloe Vansant

Tani: There is a site where you can enjoy your creations?
Calypso: Not yet.

Tani: What are the creative techniques that you use in your work?
Calypso: Photoshop and scripted prims for animations
Maloe: Am a very basic photoshopper, but a good taken picture does the most.

Tani: Projects for your artistic future in Second Life?

Calypso: Work to improve and discover new opportunities
Maloe: I have some exhibitions at gallery assis and next month will be my new exhibition there.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento